Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back from an idyll of serenity

Oh my, I'm going to have to refer back to this blog page myself in the next few months to remind myself that I was actually HERE. This is at Peter's place in Te Awamutu, where I spent a wonderful three days, just lounging around, swimming, walking, sipping, and reading. Sigh. The calm before the storm! HOW I LOVE THE COUNTRY!! I really didn't want to come back and face my life again, but I'm here.
This was the evening view from the house. With Mt Pirongia in the distance. The colours are not as intense as they were in real life. Ah me.
This was my favourite spot for the weekend. AFTER a number of swims in the pool, I would end up here with a drink and a book. Envy me? I do. It was wonderful.
AND here I will be in two weeks. At no. 58 Yeovil Rd, Te Atatu. Don't miss the seal on the porch. My room is the one with curtains, and the huge lounge is the one on the right without. Looking forward to finally being here, but hey, I'd better start packing!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That shot of the tree and the sunset is out of this world.
Wowee.
What a great three days!!!!!