Monday, July 03, 2006

Back to Ngaroto Nurseries

Just had a lovely holiday of a few days down in Te Awamutu in the frost and countryside enjoying a break from the hectic schedule of the last few months. The course is now over. This is the lovely entrance and cafe to Ngaroto Nurseries.
On Friday I spent the day in Hamilton reminiscing over our old family haunts, and wandering the banks of the Waikato River. Then I met dear Jeanettie Clarkin-Phillips for lunch at a splendid cafe just off the banks.
Back to the nursery and this is a part of the HUGE and glorious display garden behind the cafe and surrounding the back part of the nursery. It goes on and on for ages and one can get lost in it.
A frosty morning when I donned my hat and gloves and went out to take pictures from the house.
Peter showed me how to stick lard in string bags for the waxeyes, and then he went back out to put cut fruit in their wee house.
Something happened in the middle of my coat, I think I must have stuffed my gloves and hat, and maybe a few cardigans in there for safekeeping. Peter and I when I finally left. Does he look relieved?
Sunset through THAT tree again. Makes it look like it's on fire. What a great time.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh lovely.

Jada's Gigi said...

Beautiful place. Sounds very relaxing...who is this Peter person?? Boyfriend?? hmmm?

jayjay said...

Er, hi Cheryl.
Um, Peter IS a good friend, and yes, he's male, so boy and friend works, but boyfriend doesn't. . .
Yes, it is a beautiful place and indeed, very relaxing if you are the person on holiday there, not working in the nursery.