Friday, December 01, 2006

Aw, I'm still here in Atlanta, GA

I'm still here, unbelieveably, still in Lithia Springs, the place I lived for three years back in 1996 - 1999. I can't begin to describe what an all encompassing experience it has been to return here, and see some faces I have longed to see for so long, and some new ones. To hear the things we've heard, to feel the spirit stirring within, and to have all aspects, body, soul and spirit refreshed, overwhelmed by experiences. I was met at the airport by these lovely faces:

Then we had lots of arrivals over the next few days, and a walk or two in Sweetwater Park, where we came across more of our group:

My beloved roomies from previous life were there, and were equally stirred up - note the poster behind us.

Gene was well for the duration of the conference, which was HUGE. We were thrilled to have him, and he spoke so well, and we are grateful that he was able to get through four days of being with us without a collapse. Words cannot describe what this man has meant to us all. He spoke on the Lord and he spoke again on the Lord, and then he spoke on the Lord again.

One thing I have longed to do for so long: just sit on a swing seat and chat to Sarah. I got my wish.

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Sarah looks great with her long blonde locks back...Marcie is so beautiful...so are all your dear faces...

jayjay said...

Hi Cheryl, I want you to know that you and Tim were talked about between me and a few saints, and not without tears and much love. I love you both so very much, and miss that I didn't see you. I miss you both. I want you to know that I hold you in the highest esteem, always have, always will. Sigh. I had the best time seeing these guys, at moments I thought my heart might explode.