Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday Farmers Market, Matakana

It was a glorious crisp winter day today, so I set off early from Auckland for the one hour drive North to Warkworth, and then out to Matakana Farmers Market. I visited a friend from my design course who lives here with her husband, and my good friend GENE. Here he is on the balcony of his Snells Beach home with flatmate and I for lunch.
Gene attempting to make the cupboard door knob his eye.
The Matakana Farmers Market was wonderful. I'm heading down the hill towards it here. . .
Fresh Puhoi cheeses. . .
Rows of pretty stalls with red and white canopies. . .

Duck all ready for cooking/serving.


Bought a bag of these mandarins. . .
the jazz players were going in the background most of the time
and across the road, the antique and second hand market was in full swing. Bought a lovely paua necklace here.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

now this looks like fun!!