Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Shack


Okay, I've read it now - finished it yesterday, and it's still with me. So many people recommended this book, and I'm so very glad I have it and read it. So I'm joining the throngs in telling you to read it if you haven't.
I'm sure we all get something slightly different out of reading it, but it's the sort of story that captures something in your spirit, of the love of God for us. And it's also gut-wrenching. I'm still thinking about portions of what was said, and feeling them working through me and making a change - I guess that's living Word for you.
Read it.

Oh, and here's the website link.

4 comments:

Neil said...

I'm with you there, JJ. Some of us are talking about reading together as a group somehow. I think it would be a great way for a church to spend a couple of months. We'll see...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! i just got this through trademe, yuss!!! should be arriving in a couple of days, cant wait to read it!! yeah, very true :-)
Jem

Jada's Gigi said...

Haven't read it yet but I've certainly heard all the controversy. I'm wondering what that's all about. Guess I'll have to read it myself...but it won't b ethrough our local library...the waiting list is over 200! sheesh!

Jemma said...

I had this out yesterday at work, and this lady i work with was like- that is the BIGGEST con did you know that? and i was really confused, cos i love this book!
hmmn.