Monday, May 18, 2009

Decay and doughnuts

Great Scott! Remember that 'compost this page' blog I put up a YESTERDAY. I must have some pretty ferocious bugs in my garden. . . evidenced by the barely recognisable page I thought I'd check out in the planter outside. Here it is!
No wonder my lettuces don't do well in the same spot. Maybe once the slugs have made themselves sick on paper, they'll move on - yeah?
Hyacinths are starting to droop, but still in FULL BLOOM. Gorgeous.
And I merely talked about doughnuts with a friend at the library where I work, and the thought of them has stayed with me all week, and somehow worked its way onto the must do list. I don't recall putting them there. Anyway, I had to go past an excellent doughnut place today and sure enough, soon after, find myself at home with this in front of me. . .
maybe now the doughnuts can be wiped off the unseen list for a while. Surely. The plan was to take the doughnut in to work tomorrow and share it with fellow librarian. Then I thought, well maybe I'll just have one side of it, then she can see how it looks inside. But once cut open, heck, there's a lot of empty space above the cherry jam - see. Look closely - that's AIR. So I ate one side just to see, and felt like it was hardly anything, and so I ate the other side, and sent a picture of the doughnut to friend. A MUCH better solution all round. No sticky sugar in my bag etc etc.

1 comment:

Jemma said...

Mostly air, psh! haha. Mmmmmn doughnuts, thats one thing i really miss!!!