Thursday, November 29, 2012

Farewell after five years at AUT Library

 I love the look on my manager - Eamon's - face in this shot. Says it all. This was the farewell afternoon tea held last Friday in my honour, and he was sweating it about the speech he was going to have to give. Some very nice words said, and then I had to follow up with my own.
I chose the theme of the coming new release cinematically: The Hobbit, and Bilbo's 111th speech, where he says the memorable words: "I know half of you half as well as I would like and less than half of you half as well as you deserve." It's that, in a nutshell, for me and the staff here, hee hee. As you would get with over 60 staff in the three campuses. Anyway, another era is over for me and as Tolkien so wisely said: The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. . .
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

No comments: