Monday, September 05, 2005

Jan's birthday


Whew it's high time I got a new picture that actually works in here. THis was taken an hour ago at my sister's place after a surprise party for Jan, who turned 40 today. Jemma is taking the photo. That's Lorna, me, Jan, Helen and Tracey at the table - the entire sisterhood of Auckland, NZ. After singing the lovely song "I breathed out love and made this day for you" to Jan, she opened her presents, and we had a cup of tea in bone china teacups, and the cake, which is a prune and pumpkin cake (don't imagine you AMericans would like the sound of it, but it was delicious!)
The conversation, after festivities, was all about New Orleans, and the paper this morning was covered in photos, and so we ended on a grim note, but nevertheless, HE is LIFE.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It hurts me that I am not in that cozy group (although at least I didn't have to eat plum/pumpkin cake---it really is a different country, eh?) Your hair looks great!
The great state of Texas now has 230,000 refugees sleeping on the ground in shelters. It's unreal.

Jada's Gigi said...

Yeah, Jen , you do look great and Happy Birthday to you too, if I recall. :) We're having quinoa muffins around here...yuck! (health food stuff) :)
The refugee issue is truly overwhelming to us here in the states. Baton Rouge has doubled in size and they don't expect it to go back to normal...ever. Unbelieveable.

Goody said...

I like the way your hair looks also Jenny. It's fun to see our sisters in N.Z. and the cake sounds great to me. Just wish I had been there.You probably heard that Gene is not well. We will be praying with you tonight.
Lovingly, Sheila