Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My dissertation

I just have to say I feel like I'm living, breathing, eating my dissertation and web design these days. Only a few more weeks to go and it's ALL GO. I am thrilled that both Steadman and Leunig (Australia) agreed to let me use their 'wild line' illustrations in my dissertation. Here's a favourite from Michael Leunig. You got to love him. He signed the book too, when he was out here a few years ago.
Here's the present state of my dissertation. In case you don't know, it's on the WILD LINE in contemporary New Zealand illustration. I've interviewed eight artists and pieced it all together and now I'm designing the book and facing getting it bound and printed. Has to be done in a week.
And THIS is the state of the side of my bedroom, filled with papers and bits and pieces which all mean something, but I'm not quite sure what at the moment. I scored my first A for the latest assignment on magazine, done in Quark, so feeling pretty pleased with myself. If you don't see another blog for a while, I hope this one explains why.

2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

How exciting! and don't worry..it appears to be an organized array. :)

Sarah said...

I'm sure it will be the BOMB. Hurry up and be done so you can have fun!!!