Friday, September 01, 2006

Another walk on the FIRST OF SPRING!


I'm taking longer over this walk. It's the FIRST day of Spring here, and I am heading out of the house and along Yeovil Road.

. . .past the magnificent Magnolia tree on the corner. . .

. . . and at the end of the road there's the main road to the motorway, which I manage to cross. Look over my shoulder and I see my sister on her way back from the walk, just under the lawyer sign. . .

I carry on. . . seeing the endless line of cars going on to the motor way and town. . .

and finally into the lovely neighbourhood of newish homes, and along past the tiny ornate gardens. . .

the bottom of the hill and we turn toward the sea at last. . .you can see the glint of the sun on all the windscreens on the motorway

. . . the sun at last. . .

. . . and the first sight of Auckland in the distance over the inner harbour. Shall I go down the path or along it?

. . . along it I think. It meanders with breathtaking views to the right. . .

. . . past the lovely European style villas. . .

. . . and a flowering gum. . . you can hear the birds singing in the bushes all around. . .

. . . finally have to start on up toward the town again, but last view of the water. . .

. . . and over the shoulder there it is still. . .

. . . and here are the shops and the road again. . .

Down Yeovil Road and nearing home again, there's a lovely little English villa with lavendar hedge. . .

. . . and just beyond the bird of paradise bush, you can see our house. . .

HOME

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ooooohhhhhhh.....
oooohhhhhhhhh.....
ooooohhhhhhhh.....

*sigh*