Friday, August 17, 2007

Dusting off the cello

It finally happened - last Sunday night, after a wonderful dinner with an old high school friend, Rachel, we got out our stringed instruments and whipped through a few hymns. Helen brought her violin, and Rachel and I resumed our old positions from the year 1971 - that of 1st and 2nd cellos in the Auckland Girls Grammar School orchestra. We had a few laughs, and I think we played probably as well as we did then.
And so far this is the only photo I have found of those days. Rachel joined us the following year. That sullen looking girl in the dead centre front is me. Ah, the memories.

4 comments:

Deborah Fantasia said...

That's so neat !!!!!
I play the violin (have since a young girl.)
Although I haven't played in several yrs.
Deborah

Jada's Gigi said...

OMGoodness!! how fun...and how funny to see you in that old pic! :)

Sarah said...

Oh
I
LOVE
it.

Goody said...

oh how i love the grammer school picture.