Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cathy's birthday

Aw, isn't she lovely?! This is my very good friend Cathy, on her birthday, enjoying lunch with me in Takapuna.
When I think of all the good times I've had with her - travelling overseas and through Ireland and the UK, flatting together in Hillsborough and Mt Eden, going to the same church for years, enjoying that amazing group of singles in our 30s - I am feeling very blessed to be her friend. I even got to be her Vice Bride as well.
She said some lovely things on Saturday night last, at her husband's 60th, and she is still so very much in love. I'm glad she remembered me encouraging her toward her husband by saying "he's the best thing that's happened to you", because I don't remember it. What a pleasure to face the future knowing we have such a friendship forged.
And look! Christmas is almost upon us. I can tell by the NZ Christmas tree - Pohutukawa - which is out in all it's glory. I snapped this on the way home from lunch.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Thank the Lord for old friends!