Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A visit to the country - Mangatangi

Went down last weekend to visit Sean and Beverley, here on their own land at last. They are building on it, and living in the shed that will house the steam engines and be Sean's workshop. It's great fun living 'rough' for a while, although exceedingly cold at night, and an oven by day.
Ah, the home comforts of a cup of tea. . .
the framework of the new house. . .(don't ask what I'm wearing! Good heavens, what was I thinking?)
This is what greeted me upon arrival. Open for all to see.
And Sean makes an early morning cuppa, which I watched from my bed up on the mezzanine floor.

2 comments:

Goody said...

You have the most interesting friends!! I was fascinated by the fairy wedding. And your costumes! You are missed Jenny and loved!

Jada's Gigi said...

Catching up on all your latest posts and I'm with Goody, you DO have the most interesting friends! and they all invite you to stay over! :)
I loved the teacup analogy...how wonderful! so sorry to hear of your loss..sometimes we have to let things go... but then a handsome young thing to bask in your presence..can't be all bad..:)