Friday, May 16, 2008

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness

Oh the delight of leaping out for an early morning walk this morning and finding dense fog! This photo taking some hour or so later, when it was light, but the fog is still heavy and all the atmosphere is one of chill mystery.
I love it. I love how each season has it's own beauty. If you look closely, there's much to marvel at. The cold foggyness outside, and the warm cosyness inside. I'm back in my studio, with the oil heater on behind me, and my work before me (which I'm obviously not doing).
I've just whipped outside to capture the essence of this day. The dewdrops like jewels on the bare branches of the tree.
The road disappearing off into oblivion with layer upon layer of greys.
The intricate overlays of cobwebs on all the trees, seen finally with their beaded strands glinting.


and the soft slow release of the golden leaves from branches. Letting go. Ah, where have I heard that before? I trust there is new life within.
And the all-seeing eye!

3 comments:

S. Heriger said...

Love the photographs. Reminds me of Pennsylvania in April and May (those shots could have been taken in my own backyard in the past week). I actually like that sort of weather as long as there's a sunny day or two tossed in between them. Peace...

Jada's Gigi said...

I think the fall is your favorite season...you never wax poetic about summer...:) lovely pics!

Sarah said...

gorgeous, gorgeous.

it's all greening here.

<3