Sunday, May 25, 2008

The years go by. . .

Well, here she is at 49! My little sister. Hard to believe that through 49 years I've known her and we've been in each other's lives. We're not so far from being able to rummage through the dress up box and pull out the old nighties we dressed in to be fairies and romp around the yard. I took her to lunch at the lovely little local cafe, and she looked happy enough:
. . . of course, that was after going across the street to see what was happening in her house. She had been well looked after by each of the three children there - as you can see by the various cups of tea and homemade cards nearby.
. . . nothing like 'self-timer' to capture the moment.
later that day we all got into one car and went out to Mum and Dad's to have dinner and the cake.
. . . and then my niece got hold of the camera and things just didn't remain 'safe' as far as the photos were concerned.
I think I'm a very brave woman to let myself be taken THIS close to a beloved niece! Which one of these faces is 20 do you think?
MOST of the family in our usual haphazard disarray.
Happy Birthday sweet sister, Helen. (Also known as Mmmmbelele, Bugskin, Bug, Honey)

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Looks like a wonderful time! my how the time does fly by!