Monday, December 08, 2008

CHRISTMAS has landed!

What is it about Christmas lights on a tree that can thrill you year in year out? It sure doesn't seem 12 months ago I set them up last time, and I can see a day may come where I overlap the putting up with the taking down and never pack it away!
Just a step behind these days, so didn't get a real tree and am sadly missing the smell of pine in the air. HOWEVER, at least there's a triangular green shape with decos all over it, and at night with the lights on, who'd know. Love my angel hanging down from the room light.
And someone gave me this cardboard tree last year, and so it too has a place in all the festivities.
Emma Boyd, all face painted after a recent party - with very typical New Zealand Christmas scene: sun, blue sky, sailing, and the NZ Christmas tree, the Pohutukawa.
Gorgeous wee canvas to paint on as well.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Wow! What a scene! and I see its summer there..just as winter descends on us