Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ancestral stuff


Love this photo of my forebears. . .there's Grandma and Grandad Jeffries with my Uncle Murray in arms, and my father the Tweedledee character in the front, standing in Rotorua soon after they arrived in NZ from Australia to live. Don't they just look ever so hopeful that NZ will provide them the kind of lifestyle to which they had grown accustomed. There's a famous Maori guide standing behind them with her flax basket about to show them the sights. God bless 'em.

5 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jayjay said...

Hi Cheryl,

Can you believe I've now got junk blogs as well. See comments below yours!! Ha ha. Oh well. I didn't think it was possible. This is kind of an assignment - we are chosing a time in NZ history to do a design from and need to thoroughly research it. I chose 1930s which is when family first arrived here. It was nice to reminisce about what they found when they came. Yep it's all fun. Nice to hear from you so often and love the photo of you and your jada.

Sarah said...

Love this photo!

Wonder if any of those were the "wordsmiths" you and yours are!
Hey! I sent you a letter, and it came back! I sent it to 5B, and I want to know who lives there so you can go knock on her door and give her heck for sending it all the way back to here!!! Grrrr. I may scan it and email it to you!!!

jayjay said...

Hi Sarah! Grrrr. . . really? I have gone over there next door but probably not since the last tenants moved in. WILL DO!! My address is 7 SPringbank of course, and if you had said 6 it would have reached Helen. Aw gee. Please scan it. I'd love to hear from you!!
We sang your Homeward I'm heading song on our walk round the neighbourhood at 6.15 this morning. Three bros and two sisters. Lovely.

Jada's Gigi said...

Alright, I keep hearing about this Homeward song. Somebody send me the words or a tape or something, please...