Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Way way way back


I realise I've just got to get past Mr Darcy - even I'm tired of seeing that blog every time I open up. So here's another. Dad sent it to me a short while ago. It is the four of we kids back in the days when colour photography had just kicked in, hee hee. I'm the second eldest so the burden of that responsibility is just kicking in. .. my older brother never has taken that as seriously as he should, judging by his goofy grin.
I've just been sick on the front of that nice matching dress, because this is taken in Perth, visiting my grandparents, and that flight was turbulent and circled the airport coming in. NICE. Maybe that's why the expression. My youngest brother appears to have caught a whiff of it too.
Anyway, the day calls, I must away.
"I meant to do my work today
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree
and a butterfly flitted over plain
and all the leaves were calling me
And the wind went sighing over the land
tossing the grasses to and fro
and a rainbow held out its shining hand
so what could I do but laugh and go"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, poor, sweet Jenkins. Look how shining you all look! Would have never guessed the wiffy puke! Hilarious!

The poem takes my back to walking through Sweetwater with you. Sigh.

Jada's Gigi said...

Love the poem. "sigh" for days like that. :)