Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter weekend behind me. . .

Just had a splendid weekend down at Ngaroto, and doing bushwalks on Mt Pirongia and environs. This is Peter and I on the one we did today - plenty of ups and downs and very pleasant.
Nothing beats the dawns in the country, unless you compare them with the sunsets. These were all taken this morning when there was a fog lingering as the sun slowly rose.
Lovely weather for mushrooming. . .
The subtle colours of the trees and various layers is beautiful. . .
So much potential for painting. . .
I'm off to Christchurch tomorrow, so until then, enjoy.

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Beautiful pics! He is new every morning!

Deborah Fantasia said...

Absolutely georgeous !!!!! I saw a show on PBS on New Zealand and it was really neat and so, so pretty.
It must be fabulous to live in a place so full on natural beauty !
I would love to visit New Zealand someday (probably never will:) but I think it would be divine !!:)

Deborah

jayjay said...

Thanks Deborah! Yes, it has a lot of natural beauty. Just been to the South Island which is even lovelier. Hope you get out here someday