Monday, April 30, 2007

Panting up Pirongia

I delivered a painting to Hamilton on Saturday and went on down to Ngaroto Nurseries again for a couple of days. Yee ha. This was Peter pointing out to a customer some plants in the distance as I sat and read the paper. BLISS.
View from the cafe. . . cute wee topiary hedge, isn't it?
Ah, and then on Sunday, Peter and I tackled Mt Pirongia (often seen from the house in other photos). This was my view most of the way UP, and it was a steady UP! Never got closer to those legs and you miss the sound of heavy wheezing breath but try and imagine that as a background. (MY breath - Peter always looked as if he was on a country ramble).
. . . and finally after clawing my way over rocks and almost perpendicular slopes - I am the florrid complexioned one on the right!
. . . as I lay in a recovery mode, I kept seeing this silhuette everywhere. . .
. . . and if I tilted my head up, I could see some nice scenery. . .
. . . one way or another. . .
It really was quite wonderful, and well worth the staggering trip uphill.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

gorgeous!!!

Jada's Gigi said...

beautiful view and the topiary hedge is lovely..sounds like fun..I love hiking..:)