Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is not til tomorrow, but Mum's got a lot on tomorrow with Mandolin show etc, and some fuss being made of her by sister and nieces, so I chose today to do mine!
Thought of braving the crowds and finding a place that does High Tea somewhere, but then remembered my OWN tiered cake rack sitting forlornly in its alcove, and so gave Mum what she always likes: a nice quiet uninterrupted chat about life and its meanings. . .
oh, along with yummy mini spring rolls, salmon club sandwiches, lamingtons and raspberry tart. Polished up the silver teapot and found the last of the summer roses for the table.
We didn't eat it ALL - but we tried! Took the rest home to Dad for him to feel a part of it. I'm sure it's all gone now.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to my wonderful, caring, sweet, big-hearted Mum, who has put up with a lot through her life, much of it from her eldest daughter. I'm sure the Lord has a special crown lined up just for her.

2 comments:

Deborah Fantasia said...

Awww, that's so sweet and looks divine !!
I bet your Mum loved it !

Deborah

jayjay said...

Yep, she did. It was a lot of fun to do.