Thursday, May 10, 2007

'New' old car. . .

It's been all about cars lately - NOT my usual fascination. Here's the 'new' old car of Dad's that I now own. Sold my old one, and now this is in it's place in the garage. Must admit, it's not my usual colour and style, but it has no rust and lots of little extras I'm not used to, like AC!! Dad has since bought a sporty automatic Hyundai.
Meanwhile. . . Jan and I have become the self-appointed policewomen of the neighbourhood, always finding something to check out and remedy, be it a burglar alarm going off at the local florists, or - recently - this car wreck left on the corner of our street (by the tacky neighbours who are always in trouble). They pushed it around the corner and left it, and over the course of the next few days it was slowly dismantled in the dark of the night until it was a shell on blocks. We called the police and council and eventually it was towed away last night.
. . . the perpetrators of the little drama kept lurking around and at one point unbeknown to us both, Jan and then I approached them separately as they hung around the wreck and asked them what they were doing. We both got our cameras and took shots as they sped off into the distance. This is mine. Hee hee. We're having a day off from policing today - it's someone else's turn.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

you, a police woman?!? :) Was it fun?? I know its nice to have a car with extras..