Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dealing with the outer WOman

1pm Saturday 19 April. You may not think this a great achievement in the light of Edmund Hillary's mammoth assault on Everest but for me, personally, I had my own mountain to climb. A mountain of my own clothes!
1.30pm. Yes, here they are. . . piled on my bed, from the wardrobe, under the bed, storage containers etc. I decided to get down to what fitted that I liked, and hand on what doesn't. A truly cleansing experience.
2.30pm . . . er, but it DID require a lot of energy, and by a couple of hours, I was pretty exhausted.
3.30pm. But I ploughed on . . . and on. . . until all my piles filled up, with 'clothes that fit that I love', 'clothes that don't fit that I love', 'clothes that fit that I don't love', clothes that need throwing out', 'clothes that should be given to others', and 'clothes that go with other clothes' (jeans etc).
. . . 5pm ready to package up and deal with.
5.30. My wardrobe with a lot LESS in it, and a rack of clothes that fit, that I like, and some pics of outfits I drew so that I can reach for them on Monday morning, and just put them on.
I can't tell you what a relief it all is.

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

WHAT a chore! but one we all should really take on. Love the idea of the Saturday workshop! what a gorgeous house! to have it in too! Did you find out whare you're going?? :) at least you found out what you're going to wear on the way. lol

Sarah said...

I'm am just about to commence on that sort of awful project. In fact, my goal right now is to get rid of at least 20% of everything I own. Hopefully more!!

Good on you chook!

S. Heriger said...

CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM!

I thought women were the ones who kept the order in the greater scheme of things. A female friend of mine once told me that, and then went on to say, "If the world was just men, you'd still live in caves, watch black and white television, pee in the yard...and think life was absolutely perfect."

C'mon, Jenny...you're upsetting the order of the Universe.