Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Little house of horrors

This is going to be a long one - but I couldn't resist. NO WONDER I've always been drawn to a bit of fantasy! I went to visit with my parents last night, enjoying a meal and some tv with them, and then I went to the bathroom . . . now it may not help that recently I've read a good vampire book (and seriously, I don't read these usually), but with my mind slight attuned to such things, it wasn't a stretch to see in the common every day objects that clutter the parental abode, some actual horrors - and I didn't even have to move them in any way. See what I mean. . .
My nephew had moved the arms off the toilet roll doll and put them in the pot pourri some time ago, where they still reside. . .
and SHE still holds a toilet roll - WITH HER ONE EYE AND NO ARMS!
Behind the door is this macabre article. . .
In the kitchen is this hanger I made for utensils, covered with the mesh of a sieve. . .
behind the bedside table a crocodile paw hangs out. . . I mean!
Ashley made these fimo 'grass monsters' years ago, and they still live on the dining room window sill . . .
But this little glarey one was apart from its fellows creeping around an old house. . .
and as for the hatless woman and the terrified doll behind her. . .
and this Hound of the broken cup holder. . .
or the missionary in the pot in the bookcase on my father's side of the bedroom
words fail me to explain these family 'heirlooms' in the china cabinet. . .
and why my mother still uses the old pottery head that I made as a teenager for a pencil holder
Look up, and something bizarre and not a little creepy hangs overhead . . .
Like I said. . . creepy. . .
And what a row of four Scotsman are doing scuffling out from behind some wooden artifacts . . .
. . . a waxwork in the bathroom . . .
and last but not least, a GREEN 'LIGHT UP IN THE DARK' SPIDER crawling up my grandfather's photo in the bedroom.

4 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Oh My! LOL
So you're done at the library and working on your own again??

Jemma said...

brrrr.....creeeeeppppyyy haha... i suddenly see these things in a new light :p

Sarah said...

BWAHAHAHA!
I know how you feel!
That is CREEPY!
(but the books are worth it!)
The dolls arms are killing me!

Bill Heroman said...

Most of those pics aren't coming in, Jen. (This is the post of your parents' house.)

I wish I'd stopped by in time to see everything you just described... "my bad". :(