Friday, March 13, 2009

From bikes to birthdays and back

Some days start out aware that you've already spent too long staring at the screen - wads of work still to get through, and you're already feeling like doing something - anything - creative with your hands apart from push computer keys.
And then your new bike gets delivered in the morning, and you get a short change to drool over it before needing to bus in to the city to work.
but afterwards, there's the walk back to Robin's place in Parnell for a rare evening and 'girls night' - here she is putting the chicken roast in the oven.
And I sighted the basket she bought for her own bike, and have already made plans to purchase similar for my own beloved wheels.
I discovered at about this point, that it was her birthday the next day. Sigh. Wasn't prepared, but she was very forgiving. We enjoyed a lovely roast chicky dinner and wine. . . then headed off on the Link bus to the movies at Rialto. ('Slumdog Millionaire')
And the next day, the birthday, headed off early to breakfast in a local cafe.
Then in to work at the Uni. At lunchtime I headed down to Unity Books to check out their book sale, and found a niece working behind the counter.
Same niece took same bus home with me. Don't we look tired?!
but I perked up in time to read my new bike a story from Enid Blyton to get it used to the adventures it's bound to face.
And showed it around the kitchen and how to do the dishes.
- time for bed, I think. Hey, it's not possible to read too many vampire books is it?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!OOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! deep breath BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I want a bike to do dishes with!