Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday morning

This is what is before my eyes now - outside the window of my studio (for want of a better word) - leaves that are definitely on 'the turn'. (Hmmm, I think I am on 'the turn' too - let's not go there).
However the days are crisp and blue, and gentle breezes only, so that's all I need for the possibilities to stack up. Unfortunately I must put in a show of working as well. This afternoon I head into the city on the bus to don my hat as Communications and Marketing Co-ordinator, but before then I can be 'general layabout get nothing done' person for my own business. I HAVE snuck out to the garage - oops, read that as 'workshop' - and pushed a bit of paint around on some canvasses. So far nothing is emerging from the initial strokes but hope reigns eternal. I'm hoping to get in a bike ride before I head to the bus, but if I keep up this activity on the keyboard much longer it will be a non event.
Here's more orangey leaves to prove it's happening out there.

Simple pleasures. I love the sun shining through the frosted glass of our front doors in the morning. It always draws me and fills me with a feeling of possibilities - open up and see! Pretty light patterns on the carpet too.
I've got a room to tidy behind me (it's just as well I face forward!) and various other household chores that other better friends would have dealt to a few days ago. Ne'er mind, aye?

Here is further proof of the season - and a delicious sight for the senses even when the apples are close to rotting in that front row. Our kitchen table, laden with late summer harvest, picked lovingly by hand from the local supermarket.
Something I actually DID do by hand, are these peanut brownies, waiting to go with my coffee for my morning break.

It's such a skill to build up a pleasure in very simple things. My mother taught me well. And when there's less and less to buy with, and fewer car journeys, it's amazing how the world can open up.

No comments: