Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Back in my studio!

Okay, this is going to be painful. Here I am in MY studio. Back at work on a police commission (O JOY) for someone leaving, of Auckland city in my inimitable style. That's the Ellerslie racecourse in bottom right corner. Yes, I had to fit that in. What humble beginnings. It's almost depressing to see what other artists have had to work in, but of course, they are truly famous and therefore their environment reflects that. One day. . .
Note: edge of trailer which is supporting the camera. . . dirty rag close at hand. . . old clothes.
Rembrandt in his studio. . .
Don Turner in his studio. . .
Diego Velazquez in studio. . .
. . . some other artist in his studio - was it Degas? I think so. . .
Cezanne's studio
I have a LONG WAY TO GO!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you see Rembrants' walls? Crumbling mess they are! At least YOURS have the nice panelling! He never had such a thing!

Deborah Fantasia said...

I think it's neat !:)

Jada's Gigi said...

Hey, at least you're working...:)

Anonymous said...

haha awesome, youre right there with them, in my opinion!
love jem