Sunday, March 25, 2007

Good weekend!! Just Plane Interesting and very tropical

Wow, that was a highlight! Carolyn had a birthday, and their beautiful new home is built, by Garth, so they celebrated with a 'Tropical Holiday' party. We sure made the most of a night to enjoy dressing up and dancing to a DJ brought in for the occasion. Peter came up from Ngaroto Nurseries, and the rest of us were on the street, so this is our carload about to head off to Mt Eden. . .
Helen was going for the Carmen Miranda theme, and Tracey wore a pile of flowers on her head that slowly descended through the course of the evening. Peter was wearing my castoffs: the rest of the material I cut the flowers for my hair out of, and at one stage, a feather headress on his collar.
Helen and Trace look lovely. . . (now!) Check out the end of the evening. . .
This is Garth, the architect and builder of this beautiful home, and his brother. . .
and Linda and Michael arrived and are talking with our hostess and birthday girl, Carolyn (an old flatmate of mine).
. . . and it all goes downhill from there. The dancing started, and the one common feature throughout was Trace!!
My sister and I. . .
and did I mention the dancing? (Note Helen's headdress has gone)
and Peter danced all night too. . .
. . . like I said, Tracey!
. . .near the end there was a Rumba only partially captured on camera
Er, Helen at the end. . .
This morning, Peter took me to a lovely breakfast at 'Just Plane Interesting' in Henderson.

If only all weekends were as good.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

all your parties are the most fun parties ever.

jayjay said...

Oh, how I wish you could have been on the dance floor with us!

Jada's Gigi said...

what a blast! all weekend should be so good!

Deborah Fantasia said...

You sound like my kind of gal, I LOVE parties, dancing and fun !!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Who said you could post my image on this interweb thingy!!

Mike

jayjay said...

Ha ha ha, Mike, I knew you'd be checking!!