Monday, March 12, 2007

Waihi Beach again

I decided on a trip to Waihi again, by myself this time, to pick up my keys I'd left behind, and to 'get away from it all'. There's nothing quite like the bach to do that. . . no phone, no people calling, just you and the huge sea. I don't even get up the energy for the promised long walk.
But it's usually where I do my serious thinking. . . and as you can see, balancing a camera on the log, that's just what I did.
There were a few folks there, but nothing too disturbing, and I had a warm swim in the sea on Sunday. Lovely.
Everywhere was green, azure, aqua, navy, grey, white and deep blue. Sigh.
And the trip home took me through the Karangahake Gorge, which was misty with signs of rain (at last!), and richly green.

4 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

What lovely photos, Jen...I miss the ocean sometimes...sigh...

Deborah Fantasia said...

Oh so pretty !!! The more I see of New Zealand the more I'm falling in love with it !:)
That ocean looks so inviting !!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

ahh an old favourite, just LOVE it there!!!
beautiful :) it looks like you had a real nice time getting away on your own, thats important, especially for women i reckn, its really cool, i love your thoughtful photo..inspiring.. xoxo jem

Sarah said...

I do long for the beach.