Sunday, January 20, 2008

A pleasant summer Saturday

Trace and I went out to Helensville for a picnic today, enjoying a baking hot day and NOT wanting to sit on the black sand of a West Coast beach. Enjoyed a coffee at this quaint little cafe in Coatesville.
THEN. . .
I finally caught up with the Duncans after they returned from the holiday I would normally have gone on with them - to Lake Rotoiti. We had a lovely meal at Art Ducko on the North Shore, facing out to a blustery East ocean. I ate Duck too, just in keeping with the theme. They were tired by happy, and had enjoyed the time by themselves on holiday but hopeful of doing it with others next summer. Me too! They also very generously gave me some money toward my expenses in light of the break in on the 31 Dec. WHAT FRIENDS! I am greatly humbled by them. God bless them every one!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

poor lassie! I've been wondering how you've been.

Love your haircut!

Bill Heroman said...

Just sayin' HEY, Jenny!

Nice to be out blogging a bit, again. Glad you're still posting.

Love to all the saints there.