Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pre-burglary holiday

Ah, yes, I DO remember I had a holiday BEFORE the disaster. It's good to remember that now. Here's Helen and I down at Waihi beach enjoying a latte at a local cafe. How happy and relaxed I look secure in the knowledge that the office was safe!
I love this particular view of our beach. Ever since I was small, this dip in the sand dune as you crest the ridge and see the sea before you and Mair Island in the far distant sea has caused a wave of excitement and liberty to well up inside me.
Eternity has a window here. . .
On New Year's Eve, Helen and I stayed up to hear the lone piper playing Auld Lang Syne on the beach, and see the fireworks, and toast in the New Year. Meanwhile, at this very moment, back at Yeovil Road, Te Atatu. . .
Pyjamas all day if you want to.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what a gorgeous holiday! Sorry it was spoiled by that loser! hmph.