Saturday, April 11, 2009

A few days down at Waihi Beach. . .

I was down at the family bach at Waihi Beach by myself this Easter break - came back early to go to a crack of dawn singing that the church is initiating tomorrow morning - Easter Sunday. One of the fun things I took with me to the beach was my 'Wreck this Journal', and I've been looking forward to taking it for a walk, which is one of the page requests throughout the book. So I did, I took it for a sandy walk along the beach on the afternoon I arrived.
It scudded over shells and sand, and was quite an odd sensation tugging it along behind me.

Satisfying marks in the sand.

And a pleasantly dishevelled look when I finally picked it up. Yes, that is a dead bird by the log.
Then I got up early on Good Friday and at 6am made my way down to the deserted beach to see the sun rise and murmur a few songs.




LOVELY time just sitting on a log doing that.
Today I did a couple more pages in the book - since there were so many dead birds, THIS page was easy.
and I did a few rubbings while I was down there too.
Happy Easter.

1 comment:

AMCSviatko said...

You might want to do the "take it in the shower" task before you begin the tongue painting or "chew this page" tasks...

:-)