Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Great movie

Saw this movie in the afternoon yesterday, on a particularly wet and non-busy day, and really enjoyed it. I already knew from of old that amazing story of the five missionary guys who were speared to death in the Amazon by a tribe they were trying to reach. THIS movie told it from the point of view of the tribe, and was better than I expected. There was no overtly Christian message in it, although for those of us who know the story so well, it was there. I really liked the theme which came through strongly, of redemption and grace. Sigh.
. . . and just before I went out, I made use of a half hour to start the first painting I've done in well over a month. That is just too long away from the brushes. If you look closely you'll see a carp coming through the water.
Postscript: Here is the finished painting as of 3.45pm Friday.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

I heard it was really good but didn't see it myself. Good to hear you're painting again. I like your stuff.