Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mmmmm. . . dolcetto and syrah

My sister discovered this! And with a name like that, how could it NOT be good? Listen to the description:

2007 Dolcetto & Syrah

This wine is vibrant magenta in colour and the nose has fresh, lifted aromas of red berries, blackcurrant, red jubes and hints of spice. The palate has flavours of ripe summer berries and a natural grape sweetness that is balanced by the frizzante mouth feel providing a refreshing and vibrant finish.

Yep - it's a rare red sweetish wine that you actually cool before drinking, and is my present summer favourite! Not to suggest that I get to drink it (or any wine) THAT often, but when either of us have a bottle, it is eeked out for a few days. Glorious.

My old digital camera (given to me by my father) finally died, and Dad very kindly offered me ANOTHER one of his for a small price. It seems to work fine, but for the life of me, keeps putting wrinkles on my face, around my eyes, and neck, and a certain shine that I'm sure is not usually there.

1 comment:

Deborah Fantasia said...

Sounds marvelous, right up my alley !:)

Deborah