Friday, February 09, 2007

Following on from earlier post. . .


I guess I've been caught up in some deeper stuff this week, including the funeral of my old friend's husband. My heart has been full of thoughts about how fleeting life really is, and how important are the decisions we make in our lifetime. The friends we choose, and how we deal with our relationships. Having integrity and honour and love. This is the first wedding I was attendant at, and as you can see, we are all just teenagers, full of life, intent upon enjoying it. When I heard all the testimony given of Iain's life, I was humbled by what was said. Above all, he loved his wife dearly, and his children, and had achieved all he really wanted to do. There were many many comments about his faithfulness, caring, and steadiness. I'm glad I was there at the start of their life together, because I take those vows very seriously.

Whilst digging around in the box of photos at Mum and Dad's, I found some more, which no doubt will soon find their way on this blog site. THIS one is here because I saw it as being me when life was before me, and yet some part of me is still just the same, and always will be. 45 years later, I've seen a lot of disappointment and dark sides to life (certainly not as many as some) but HOPE and JOY and above all, LOVE still jostle for position inside the child within.

3 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

Isn't it true that something of our youth stays the same inside..I don't know if that applies to everyone or just to beleivers who have a living spirit inside that never grows old.
You look adorable as a child and beautiful as a teenager...:)

Anonymous said...

Well, there we all are on that hot day in March- the wedding party. And we have each been on our own journey since then.I so loved seeing you again Jenny, and what a comfort to have you there at Iain's life celebration. I felt so loved and cared for. (And the stirring rendition of the Auckland Girl's Grammar school song is still ringing in my ears!!)

jayjay said...

Yes, indeed, Kathy. Little did we know how that song would get into the bones!