Monday, February 19, 2007

Sunday, 18 Feb

It was Jemma's birthday on Saturday, but celebrated on Sunday evening with BBQ amongst friends and family. Jem's boyfriend Ian came up from Rotorua and is staying a few days.
. . . and these are the two young lasses back from further afield. Cousin Magda, returned from a long break back with family in California and a trip to Paris with a friend, and Collette who's been in France for a year. We're all happy to see them again.

19 candles to blow out!
Earlier in the day, I took advantage of the fantastic summer weather and headed off on my own up toward Warkworth, which is an hour North of Auckland. This is the famous Puhoi Pub, in one of the earliest settlements in NZ, by the Belgians, who paddled up river until they hit this spot. I had coffee at the local cheese and art cafe. This old pub has an amazing interior filled with bric-a-brac and old pound/dollar notes stuck to the walls and ceiling.
This is one of the quaint wee shops in the middle of the 'town'.
. . . and I finished the afternoon here at Omaha beach, just beyond Warkworth, enjoying a couple of swims and reading my book. May Summer Keep Rolling On.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry friend... delightful to catch up on your weekend wanderings! You capture the moment so well :)

Much love, dear friend... Cath XX

Jada's Gigi said...

I'm so jealous! Can't wait to feel some warm sand under my feet! but I will have to wait a while...its COLD here!! :)