Sunday, February 25, 2007

I was set free! I dissolved. . .

Just returned from Waihi Beach for the weekend, with friend Catherine. I am reminded, as I walk along this beautiful shore and hear the seagulls again, and see that soft light over everything of this poem:
I was set free!
I dissolved in the sea, became white sails and flying spray
became beauty and rhythm, became moonlight and the ship and the high dim-starred sky!
I belonged, without past or future, within peace and unity and a wild joy,
within something greater than my own life, or the life of man,
to LIFE himself!

2 comments:

Deborah Fantasia said...

Oh that sounds so nice and inviting ! I wish I lived close to the ocean !
Beautiful poem, oh yes may we just be "disolved" in Him !!!
Deborah

Jada's Gigi said...

Heres to LIFE Himself!