Monday, February 05, 2007

Thoughts about last weekend



It was quite a weekend. Cath and I met for the first time this year over lunch at the Kauri Gumstore Cafe in Riverhead, and it was sooo good to start our lunches again and our 'catch-ups'. As you might see from our faces, it wasn't all laughter, there were some tears.
A strange and sad event happened this Sunday. My best friend from High School's husband died suddenly playing touch rugby with his kids. I haven't been in touch with them for a while, and only periodically once in a blue moon, do we cross paths, but I was their bridesmaid all those years ago, and some friendships don't go away.
In our small group who meet around the Lord, we have a couple with their children who have started coming since last year. It turns out that they are the neighbours to this family, and I found out in roundabout ways that it was my friend's husband who had died. I went out on Sunday to be with her and her family and spent four hours laughing crying and catching up. My emotions felt their full extent in those hours. I can only say: "Lord, Kathy".

The day before, Lorna held a lunch for the sisters who were around, at her place. We spent some time turning to the Lord, but preceded it with this lovely lunch, and salad from her garden. From this happy occasion we had something to share at the meeting on Sunday. HE is our FULNESS.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Sorry about your friends' husband...so strange to catch up with them in such a way...and your sister's lunch looks wonderful! I'm jealous!