Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Te Awamutu and Ngaroto

Ah well, I've been back here. . .where I've already taken a few photos. Catching the last of the summer and swimming in the pool, mostly on my own because Peter is so busy right now. Still, taking a look at where I am, it wasn't a hardship!
I went on an early morning walk and captured the cafe at the nursery before the gates were open. . .
and the sweeping views of the rolling hills and Mt Pirongia. . .
. . .and then on to Te Awamutu for a coffee and pastry at 'La Patisserie' which is run by a French couple who've been baking here for years, the MOST delicious pastries and bread. The coffee is pretty good too.
I told this lovely lady that I might do an oil painting of her in the shop, and I think I just might! Check it out. I had the apple tartlet, and took two strawberry tarts home for dessert that evening. Delish!

3 comments:

Jemma said...

hello aunty jenny!
wow this looks like paradise, what a beautiful time it looks like you had, such a bummer coming back to the city aye, after that! love your photos.
oh and the french cafe is SO cute!!!
hey i have out an ideal husband on dvd if you care to watch it with me one of these nights...
have a fabulous day today! xxx

jayjay said...

Alrighty then!! Ta Jemkins

Deborah Fantasia said...

It looks so beautiful there !! Oh I'm so jealous, I just love to swim !:)
I love pastries and fresh breads - nothing like them that's for sure ! That little shop looks so inviting.
Deborah